Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Langkawi Day 3: Underwater World, Oriental Village & Sky Cab

Brave yourself because this will be the longest ever entry that I've written with lotsss of photos from my family vacation in Langkawi last month. On the third day, we decided to take things slowly and just explored whatever Langkawi has to offer. We drove back to Chenang as we wanted to start the day by visiting the Underwater World Langkawi. 

For RM30 entrance fee, I regretted this visit because there are nothing much to do there except watching the sea creatures swimming in their man made habitat. I did research online and found that that they have penguin feeding time which I somehow misunderstood as penguin show, I have no idea how that idea being planted in my head that there are penguin shows available, maybe because I thought it is similar to sea lion show in Singapore Zoo that I went to 2 years ago.

My parents decided to skip this tour as they already went the day before which my dad complained that my mom failed to appreciate or at least explore the underwater world. My mom basically just breezed through everything without stopping and ended her tour in just 10 minutes. 

With flamingo in the background

Actually they even have hens running around there. It was quite interesting but can only hold my attention for 5 minutes. I was much more anticipating the penguin feeding because I never see a real penguin before.

Playing with sharks along the pathway

Finally, penguins!

They are really cute and waddling with their wings flapped open. Omg, I really can't take it. Cuteness overload in the tank. When the staffs brought in a pail of fish for them, they waddled as quickly as their webbed feet allowed them, eagerly waiting for the staff to throw the fish for them. 

Up close and personal

Too bad the feeding time only lasted less than 15 minutes. Afterward we just wandered around checking out other fish and jelly fish.

Tired and refused to walk any further

There was a garden with fish ponds around them in the middle of the tour. It was calming and serene. The weather was fine as the morning rain just passed. 

The ugliest fish that I ever seen, it looks like something from the cartoon character

Beautiful jellyfish

After the Underwater World, we moved and drove over to Oriental Village for the cable car ride. The ride was about 30 minutes. We saw paddy fields, village houses and lots of blue sky fluffy clouds. It was a different change of scenery for our usual brick buildings and congested road. This is what a holiday should be about. It is even better for me as I was surrounded by my loved ones.

The duck tour boat

A duck tour boat greeted us in front of Oriental Village. This tour brings tourist around the area on the road as well as on the water. It is kinda cool but a bit pricey for us.

Le parents

Oriental Village houses shops that sell mostly souvenirs and handicrafts. Price wise, it is tourist standard. But if you dig deep enough, you will find some awesome cheap buy.

My siblings are really excited for the cable car ride but I was a bit nervous because I never like height and being moved in square container up on air is terrifying me.

Queuing up for tickets.

It is RM30 per person if you are MyKad holder and they included a Dome visit which is 4D short movie viewing. 

Each gondola can only fit 6 persons so we split for two gondolas. The total ride is 2.2km and the top station is at 708 meter above sea level.

I can definitely see the color is drained from Shirly's face hahaha

My fake smile

Surprisingly the ride was smooth and not as shaky as Genting Cable Car that I've rode years ago. We can see the Andaman sea view and the surrounding forest. With the rented binocular, I even spotted someone on jet ski on the sea. 

It is much more beautiful in real life than picture,

We reached the middle station and it was so cloudy there. The cloud were like 'Boom, we're in your face' It was 650m above sea level and the air feel so dry and quite cold too. I felt lightheaded, not sure if it was due to lack of air or the height.

My parents with their gondola partners

Queuing again to board the gondola to go to the top station

It was so high that we were covered by the clouds. My feet felt weak and my hands were covered in sweat. It was terrifying yet beautiful at the same time. Once I focused on the view, I felt a lot calmer, although I did shouted at the bf for moving around so much in the gondola. Ishhh, I don't want my gondola swaying left and right at 700m above sea level. It is not funny, okay!

The Seven Well waterfall, this photo was zoomed in hence blurry

Just realized the poster behind me is creepy. It looks as if the girl is hanging on to our gondola for her dear life.

The sky bridge at the top station was closed due to maintenance, it was a bit disappointing for us. I mean it will be so much cooler and the view will be fantastic from there. But I doubt I would walk on the bridge anyway. We had ice creams and burgers on the top station for a light lunch. Afterward we board the gondola again to get down to the base. The ride back to the base was a breeze and very quick actually. 

After exploring Oriental Village and lunch at the cafe, we moved on to our next destination. I wanted to go for horse riding so we drove to the nearby stable which I spotted on the cable car ride. 

We saw monkeys along the road again, seriously they were everywhere

I forgot the name of the stable that we went to but it is run by British couple with their daughters. Maybe it is Perdana Stables. The rate is RM120 per hour which a little over our budget, I gotta admit I chickened out too when I saw the stallion roaring in the stall. Instead we explored the stable and talked to the owner which I already forgot her name about horses and her daughters which are riders.

This is the friendly one whom trying to sniff me ='=

Too bad we didn't get to stay to watch the younger daughter training for her ride. My parents were tired after all the walking and wanted to go back to the hotel for nap. We missed Seven Well Waterfall and Black Sand Beach on this trip.

Sorry the sun too bright!

We planned for a swim in the pool since we're back to the hotel early. But as soon as we reached the pool, a CLOSED sign greeted us. Damn, the pool was closed due to bad weather forecast. Disappointed, we joined my parents at the hotel cafe for light snack. We just sat there and eat with the company of waves crashing into the rocks while waiting for sunset.

It was perfect way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment