Friday, October 23, 2009

My Raya

Though Hari  Raya is long gone, I still haven't talk about my Hari Raya this year. This year is the second year I experience celebrating Hari Raya and it was better than last year, simply because.....



I have new Baju Raya as well...

Actually, I was just simply asked my mom can I have new Baju Kurung, considering that I had grown tired of my Baju Kurung from my matriculation life. Who knew my parent is such a good sport? The next day, they brought me shopping for the upper part of the baju kurung since I already have the silk skirt which I bought in Labuan 2 years ago.

So, here we go..Since we all went back to our hometown for the Raya break, our Raya visiting routine only start after everyone were back to Kuching. I was so excited for the visiting that I skipped my class whole day. Okay, that's a lie..I was just still in holiday mood.


Us girl...Carol, me and Julia..on our way to the first house..




And these were waiting for us.

The first house was Khai's house. His mum cooked some delicious meal for us. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of most Malay cuisine, but his mom is a great cook. Every time I  went to his house, I always went back with full and satisfied stomach.



All were full and satisfied.


Carol, Mila, Julia, Me and Amy

The next house was As's house. Sorry, no photos in her house. We caught her by surprise and she wasn't expecting us. So, we cut the visit short and dragged her along with us to Abu's house.


 Abu and Me

So glad that I could meet Abu before his flight to KL the next two days. This funny guy got a job offer as Pembantu Pegawai Veterinar in Putrajaya. So, he decided to quit his study and start a new career. We had so much fun hanging out at his place.






Me: Mila, you steal my food.
Mila: Not me, i'm innocent..



 Wide smile after feeling full.

 
Discussing serious matter, like adults..


 
We are one big happy family

The next Saturday, I cant recall the exact date, I joined my course mate for Raya visiting. First destination: Prof. Isa's house. Too bad he wasn't available that day, so his wife, Prof. Cheksum served us. Had a wonderful laksa at her house.


 Almost half of the class were there


Next stop En. Hamzah 's house


All smile


Posing after having Secret Recipe cake




After En Hamzah's house, we moved on to Eza's house and finish the visit at Neng's house. We had been studying together for more than a year now, for sure the bond had grown stronger and we did shared lots of laugh over very juicy gossips. And another week after that, I was invited to this..



I represented Taekwondo


with our club president, Yan and his friend



                 

Having the meaningful visit isn't just about the food, it's the company that matters. I had so much fun with my friends in all the visiting. Though we all come from different background, we clicked together. I'm grateful for what I have.

PS: Gonna post about my Taekwondo camping in next post. It was SUPERB. XoXo :P


No comments:

Post a Comment