Friday, October 23, 2009

Essence of Music

Next week is officially study week, but I still have a list of assignments yet nowhere near to be done. Procrastination is my biggest enemy, attacks me in my soft spot. Today is a brand new day, I vow to make it productive, or at least stop my procrastination and start taking necessary action as I know later how much I will regret not doing this earlier.

Having exam yesterday and I sucked. Have nobody to blame but myself, it's a habit to do important stuff last minute. A friend reminds me not to repeat the same mistake anymore and indulgence less in my guilty pleasure. He was right. So, here I am, trying to make difference for a greater purpose. My dad was in town few days ago but we failed to meet up. I was so sad because I miss him so much, even when I was talking to him on the phone, I was holding back my tears. I had caused him enough worry, no need to burden him with my emoness and homesickness. That's how I am with my family. I tend to keep certain things to myself, I'm not secretive tho. There are just certain stuff that are means to be kept to yourself, don't burden others with it. I don't want to add any unnecessary worry to my parent, but I know deep down they know me better than anyone else. I never say it out loud, but they know I miss them.

Only music and great songs are my company during moment like this. When I was buried deep down in the bottom pit of my sorrow, I turned to music for comfort. Currently, I'm in love with these songs:
  • Going Under- Evanescence
  • Undisclosed Desired-Muse
  • I Belong To you-Muse
  • Two Is Better Than One-Boy Likes Girl feat Taylor Swift
  • Tearsdrop On My Guitar-Taylor Swift
  • My Immortal-Evanescence 
My list could go on and on till bored you to death just to read my song list. In appreciation of music, last night my friends and I attended a preview of home concert organized by Faculty of Applied and Creative Arts. It's my first experience watching an orchestra live, very satisfying tho there are some weakness in the performance. I wanted to watch the home concert instead of the preview. Too bad the ticket is sold out. I really admired a girl who played the violin, so graceful, the way she moved with her music. Why am I born with no musical talent? I'm literally tone deaf but I appreciate music. Another instrument that caught my attention is drum. I always love watching people playing drum, very energetic and upbeat. I should go for music lesson this holiday, start simply by guitar perhaps. I adore people with musical talent, let it be playing instrument or singing. My another version of perfect date will be to be serenade. I'm such a dreamer. LOL.


Not a very good performance I shall say.
I kept feeling that something is wrong with this piece.



The vocalists are good so are the players.





The duet.

Besides some songs, they also featured a musical theater and a film scoring. Which was quite okay I guess. Just another typical theater. Though the home concert could have been better, I was happy to be able to drown myself in the world of music. It helps to make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment