Tuesday, October 25, 2016

October update

So what's up, you guys ask?

It is pretty much the same to me. Wake up, work and sleep and repeat the whole cycle again. But I have to say, I kinda love this. I'm trying to squeeze in as much alone time with the husband before baby arrival. So our nightly routine pretty much the same. After work, we would have dinner and watch movie together or sometimes he watches his movie and I read my book side by side. I'm finally getting back into reading mode again and I really love it. Just last week I've finished Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult and as cliche as it sounds, Picoult touched my heart again with her story. 

Anyway, let's the photos do the talking. These are the photos that I took this month.

Was scrolling through my phone and I found that I rarely take selfie now. So decided to take one on the way to work. Putting on mascara every morning is such a hassle to me, so I have been playing with the idea of eyelashes extension.

I thought of doing it on December so that I can have pretty lashes during confinement wtf. I mean if it makes me happy then why not. At least I can be pretty and happy without hair wash for a month lol.

This was taken during my 28 weeks and now I'm 31 weeks and the bump has grown significantly bigger which means limited wardrobe choice. 

Since my wardrobe choice is limited and I'm not planning on getting anymore new clothes to accommodate the bump, I'm rotating my clothes that fit on heavy rotation. I will make a dressing the bump post soon. Right now, the dress above is my favourite because it is so comfortable and doesn't restrict my movement.

Was attending dinner with husband and his family early October. Bummer that we didn't won the lucky draw this time because last time in Kuching, we won quite an impressive lucky draw. I have to say our baby brings us so much luck. I'm feeling really really grateful for it.


We managed to squeeze a visit to Brunei on long weekend in early October to visit my cousins. 

It was an impromptu plan because my aunt wanted us to come over to pick up some hand-me-down stuff from Kelly for our baby but we couldn't manage to find time. Plus, we need to drive all the way from Sibu to Brunei and bumpy car ride doesn't sound like fun when you're 6 months pregnant. But we realised that the long weekend in October is the only long weekend left before the baby's due.

So, we just went ahead. I'm really glad we did because I had wonderful time catching up my aunt and cousins. But the ride came with big price, we drove straight back from Brunei to Sibu and the whole journey took 12 hours. I couldn't felt my bum and back afterwards. 

I had the best dim sum breakfast ever and it is halal.


I was beyond tired when we reached Sibu and the next day I had a Modified Glucose Test scheduled early in the morning. I thought I was okay and went ahead with the test. 30 minutes into the test, I threw up because I got dizzy and started to break into cold sweat. Bummer but I already scheduled for another one next month. I've asked the doctor is it necessary to do glucose test, she explained that is it the hospital policy to have expecting mother aged 25 years old above to do the test. I guess there is no escape then.

Say hello to my 29 weeks bump


And this is my 30 weeks bump

Someone is taking advantage of my bump as his resting spot. 

I feel so guilty for spending less time with Pino now. So when I'm home, I'd make sure that I bring him for long walk which is his favourite activity. He's 8 years old now and I could sense that he's not as active as he was before. It's sad to know that my little pup is growing old.

Many has asked whether I eat clean during the pregnancy, honestly I tried to but I didn't stick to any diet. Most day I have my meal on time in small portion. I do snack in between and this is where I get naughty. During my first and second trimester, I diligently snack on fruits only and totally avoiding junk food and carbs such as bread.

My favourite fruits are kiwi and seedless grapes.

Sometimes, I do have instant noodles such as maggie curry as dinner. This is my guilty pleasure and if it is up to me, I can have this as dinner every night. During this pregnancy, I've developed sweet tooth. Another guilty pleasure of mine that I had almost every day is ice cream. Husband knows that I love ice cream but what he doesn't know is that I had it every day. Hehehe I sneaked a few scoops when I'm alone. 

I never thought that I would love chips and chocolate too because pre-pregnancy, I detest junk food and anything sweet. But now, I can finish a packet of chips on my own in less than 10 minutes. Even the husband is shaking his head. 

Yup, this is our groceries.

But when it comes to carbs, I still try to reduce it. During my last checkup, the nurse did mentioned that my weight gain is slightly fast. I'm 7 and half months pregnant and has gained 10 kg. So, I guess no more sneaking ice cream for me then. sobs


This year the husband decide to go back to basketball and joined a competition. 

It is refreshing to see him back in the court. They're playing in semi final now and some games were very nerve wrecking because the points were so close. Even the baby in my bump is as tense as me when I watched the game. We just got back from the game now and too bad that the husband and his team lost by one point. It was so close but it's okay, they'd played well.

That's all for my October update!

No comments:

Post a Comment