Sunday, April 3, 2016

Holiday Hauls

One thing that really excites me about travelling international is the duty free shop at the airport. I kid you not. Oh, I'm not talking about tobacco products (it is way way cheaper before tax), liquor or chocolate as well as perfume. 

It is the skin care and make up that make me beaming from ear to ear. Every time I browse skin care and make up at duty free, my logic all gone out the window. It doesn't matter that I still have 2 brand new cleansers, multiple masks/moisturizers/mascaras at home, I still feel the need to purchase more. 

It is like I'm only travel international a few times per year so die die must make use of the duty free. Not that I know how much the price difference but every thing does feel cheaper when you swipe your card. Just be prepare for the heart attack when you're opening your credit card statement that month.

I was away to Bali last week with my sister and we went a tiny bit crazy at the duty free. I was only looking for eye cream because I've ran out of my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repaired Eye cream. And I came out with basically whole set of skin care to makeup wtf.


My duty free loots

One of my biggest weakness at the duty free shop is travel size items. It is perfect for travelling (duh) and a great opportunity to try new products.

I got this travel size products from Kiehl's featuring the Ultra Facial Creme, Avocado Creamy Eye Treatment, Amino Acid Shampoo, The Original Rich Nourishing Creme, Hand Salve and a Lip Balm #1 (which is in my bag) for only RM299. 

I think this one is a steal considering the Ultra Facial Creme, Hand Salve and Lip Balm are in full size. I also got the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye which I still forgot to use at night now. MAC Studio Fix is an impulse buy for me. I've finish my compact powder and in need of a new one. I was using Loreal True Match (the rectangular one) but I think they discontinue it. So I got Loreal Real Paris Lucent Magique  Tri Powder. I did tried my sister's Studio Fix and really love it. So she dragged me to MAC counter and let the MUA picked my shade. Since it is cheaper than buying outside, I purchased the Studio Fix. 

Long story short, I had very little self control when it comes to skin care and make up shopping. Same thing happened when we're in Sephora in Bali.


My sister made me Googled Sephora Bali and made it a must for us to stop by ='=

And stopped by we did. In the span of one hour waiting for her to tried on all the lipsticks there, I came out with a big bag of stuff and instantly became poorer. Truth is, I do not need anything at all because I have so much excess skin care and make up products at home. 

But I just kept on putting more and more stuff into my basket.

And these are our hauls combined.

I got the Glam Glow set which came with full size Glam Glow Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask, mini size of Supermud Mask, Facial Cleanser and duo applicator brush. I already tried the Mud Mask and loves it so much. I will do a separate review post soon. 

Another items which are mine are the Dr Jart BB cream and the Beauty Blender and Beauty Blender cleanser as well as Porefessional Matte Rescue which apparently a better version of the old one. 

I did have something on my must buy list for this trip, which is dry shampoo. Batiste Dry Shampoo is my holy grail product because it really helps my oily hair and extends the day between washes. Sadly, it is very difficult to get. It is sold online but they can't ship to Sarawak except Hermo but the price in Hermo is like almost double the original price.

The only place that I know carries Bariste Dry Shampoo is Jaya Grocer in KLIA2. I even purposely purchased 15kg of luggage allowance to lug back the dry shampoo.

I got 5 bottles of the full size.

My favorite scents which are Cherry and Fresh are not available so I chose whatever is left. I also wiped the mini dry shampoos off the shelf. I go through one bottle of the spray in a month. This product helps me so much in the morning because I can just skip hair wash and sleep for extra 15 minutes. Also it adds volume to my limp hair. 

Random buy from Bali:

Bath and Body Works mini candles. 

They're having Buy 3 get 1 free promotion so my sister and I get two each.


These are my random buy at Bali Airport because I wanted to finish off my Rupiah.

Oh yeah, I did bought something apparel wise and it is something that I have been on the hunt for. I missed the chance to get it while I was in Hong Kong and randomly stumbled upon it at KLIA2. It was on my birthday wishlist.

My black Nike Roshe

I am so happy to finally got this sneaker. It will perfect for travelling and will match any outfit effortlessly. That means two things off my birthday wishlist now. Feeling so grateful and thankful that my wishes are coming true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment