Tuesday, June 23, 2015

GWK Cultural Park, Bali


My very post on my solo trip in Bali, after two months lol.

I'm not the most efficient when it comes to update my blog especially my travelogue but at least I'm trying. I wonder how does those full time bloggers cope with writer block/ procrastination and laziness. Anyway, I miss Bali so much when I was editing my photos. It felt like my 3 nights 2 days trip was too short. 

View from my hotel room. It rained and cloudy when I was there.


By the way, I stayed at Harper Kuta and the hotel is amazing. Normally I hate to sleep in hotel alone because it creeps me out all the time. But Harper Kuta gave me such a homey feel which I'm really grateful for. And the wifi is strong too which is a huge plus point for me.

The only downside of the hotel is that it is surrounded by clubs and bars. So the noise could be very disturbing at night. I only had hard time sleeping on the first night because it was really loud but the subsequent nights, I was too tired to even care.

But this is something that you have to face if you decided to stay at Kuta area anyway. Kuta is well known for its nightlife. Cheap beers and loud music are everywhere on the street.


My spacious and comfy bed.

I was so happy that the hotel was great and I paid less than RM250 for 3 nights because I offset it with my Agoda points. I saved so much and frankly my whole trip + flights + accommodation costs less than RM1.5k. I prepared everything a year beforehand when I booked my flight during AirAsia promotion. 


My favorite part of the hotel is the glass wall of the toilet. I can do my business and watching TV at the same time which I totally did. hahahha



I opted for tour from my own hotel since I was alone. I have no specific itinerary and I figure I just go with the flow. So, I hired a driver and he suggested the Uluwatu tour for me. My driver, Pak Putu is such a friendly man. I was skeptical at first because I had my guard up so high when I was alone. 

We chatted about our background and I found out that his daughter works in the same company as me. What a small world. Another thing that I like about him is that he never ever push me to buy/go to any restaurant or shop if I don't want too. Because I know that these tour drivers get commission if they recommend their client to some shops or restaurant.

I like his style so much that I hired him for my whole stay. So, he's sort of my designated driver for the trip. 

Our first stop for the tour is Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park. That's Pak Putu walking ahead of me with umbrella because it drizzling the whole time. ='=

I have never heard of GWK Cultural Park before. And actually feel quite stupid because I didn't Google it beforehand. If I had known, I'll probably skip this park because it was about Balinese traditional dance show, nothing really outstanding for me. 




There are 5 dances overall and each has a story of its own such as the welcome dance, the masked monkey and the evil vs the good man. All of the stories are dated way back.

With the masked monkey man




Pak Putu then brought me around the area to see the giant Buddha statue.





Me and the giant Buddha. The statue is still under construction therefore the missing limbs. Some more there are supposed to be a Garuda on top of the Buddha.

This is the Garuda that supposed to go on top of the Buddha statue. The whole statue estimated to complete in a few more years.





We walked through the creepy limestone wall to exit the park when suddenly I heard sound out of nowhere. Super scary leh because it was just me and Pak Putu and it was quite cloudy and dark. Then Pak Putu pointed to a loud speaker attached to one of the wall and laughed at me. -_______-

I spent less than one hour in GWK and find it actually quite boring. 

Oh, the entrance fee is IDR100,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment