Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Singapore Part 1


I had been meaning to write about my Singapore trip before I forget about everything since more than a month ago. But I was really busy these few weeks, busy in a good way actually because the bf is back now J.  Since he got back, we’ve been spending time together as much as we could after being three months apart. And by spending time, I meant eating. Yeah, I ate a lot in these two weeks. Satay celup, McDs, kueh chap, home cooked, sushi, it feel like I’ve consumed way too much carbs to last me till next month.

Besides, my Windows suddenly crashed few weeks ago and I have to reformat everything. So, I lost most of my pictures. T_T Pictures from my National Service to matriculation all gone now. I could only recovered the recent ones only. Damn sad because of all the files and documents that I have, what I scare the most to lose my pictures. Those are my precious memories.

Anyway, back to my Singapore trip. 4 days was too short for me. I arrived at Changi Airport at evening. 

I actually enjoy travelling solo.

Since I did not sign up for roaming for my main line, I was totally relied on my other number to be contacted. I switched on my phone and waited patiently for it to connect after landing but damn it, I waited for more than 5 minutes and it still stating no service. At this point, I was already freaking up because I was supposed to call my aunt, so that she can wait for me at her apartment lobby. I tried and tried but only to fail and fail again.

I calmed myself down and started to queue up for cab. Again, I try to search for any available network connection and God blessed, my roaming worked. But, yeah there’s always a but. I COULDN’T MAKE OUTGOING CALL. Fml big time. At this point, I was already in my cab. For a moment, I was considering borrowing my cab driver phone to call my aunt but I was scared. Scared because the cab driver will know that I’m a total foreigner in Singapore, then in my head I was imagining he would drove me somewhere and kidnap me or worst rape me. Active imagination during situation like this definitely not helping.  I know Singapore is known as a very safe city but I couldn’t help it.

Luckily, my aunt called me halfway. I arrived safely at the apartment and I love the place. My aunt rent a 3 bedrooms fully furnished apartment at Far East Apartment for their one week stays there. The only not so awesome part of the apartment was the lack of pillows.

I looked tired because I was tired 


Lucky when I reached the apartment, food were waiting for me



Grabbed a quick bite and I went to Far East Plaza mall which is just downstairs. Before I went to Singapore, I had done some shopping research. Few days before the trip, I saw an ad in Qiu Qiu's blog about Blogshop Empire promotion. I was super determined to find the shop and check it out myself. Well, Blogshop Empire was the first shop that I saw once I entered the mall. And of course I managed to get a few items from there J

I also managed to buy my desired bag, Longchamp Le Pliage at Changi Airport which was so much cheaper than its store. Thank you duty free! Actually I got it on my last day there. I was a few hour early for my flight back home. So, I spent my time by doing some window shopping. I passed by Victoria's Secret, Burberry, Coach, then I thought they should have Longchamp store here. I turned my body to walk the opposite direction and guess what, Longchamp store was right in front of me. Hehehehe

My haul. Some are from F21, blogshop and random shop at Far East Plaza

We also celebrated baby Kelly birthday the next night. Actually she celebrated her birthday almost every months because that my aunt excuse to throw a party. Lucky girl she is.




Instead of eating out, we were taking away food from nearby restaurant for a little celebration at the apartment. Well this sum half of my trip up in Singapore. 





No comments:

Post a Comment