Sunday, January 23, 2011

Turning 22

Do you know what is the best thing about having your birthday fall on Sunday? That means you can start your birthday blast as early as Friday and the celebration will last the whole weekend or even better till Monday, that's it if you're free on Monday like me. 

This year I have no plan or whatsoever for my birthday because I'm not really excited about it. Celebrating your birthday is like celebrating the fact that you're another year older, another pile of responsibility building up, tons of decisions to be made, speaking of being an adult. I guess I was hit by the mid-20 life crisis earlier last week, hence the negative thoughts in my head about becoming adult. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first two paragraphs were written 2 weeks ago, about a day after my birthday. That's what I felt at that time. But time passed, and now I don't feel the same anymore. In fact, I had accepted that fact that age is just a number, it changes nothing. Come to think of it, I couldn't wait to graduate and earn my own moolah because I feel bad asking money from my dad just because I want something that based on my desires. 

But, a girl deserved to be pampered on her special.  On the night before my birthday, I went out with a bunch of awesome friends. Actually, the plan was just a simple hang out at Ruai but due to the Tattoo Exhibition, Ruai was jammed pack with tattoo artists and tattoo lovers. Hence, we opted for another place but somehow we ended up at Amoeba, clubbing the night away. Everyone was getting high on dancing. We totally ruled the dance floor that night. I even managed to get a bottle of free wine because it was my birthday. Free drinks, great music and awesome mister's friends totally rocked my night. The night didn't ended there of course, we stopped by Ruai again for another rounds of alcohols.

On the evening of my birthday, I got a great surprise from Abang and the gangs. I knew they had something up their sleeves but I really didn't see that one coming. They planned this one well. After dinner at Chillipeppers, we sang our lungs out at Embassy The Spring. All in all, I had a great birthday bash. I really count my blessing for such a thoughtful and wonderful friends. Will post the pictures once I got them from Harold and Lulu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment