Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Carousell or Carouhell?

If you do most of your shopping online, I'm sure you have heard of Carousell. Carousell is the app for you to sell or buy anything at a discounted price because it is pre-loved although more and more online stores joining Carousell lately.

Before signing up for Carousell, I have heard so much about it. It's a mix review, some love it and some hate it. I even took it to Twitter and asked for opinion.

Guess who answered me?

After much consideration, I signed up and started to spring cleaning my closet. I have too much clothes that been sitting at the back of my closet for more than a year. It is definitely time for someone else to shower them with love.

I have my listing up and me being me, I scrolled through the app and found some items that I liked. That is how I got from trying to sell my stuff and ended up buying more stuff. ='= 

So far, I have pleasant experience with sellers from Carousell, they are honest and have prompt response. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my sister. I introduced her to Carousell because I know that she's been looking for a particular style of sandals. What I forgot to tell her was to check on her seller. Carousell has a section for seller or buyer to leave comment about their seller or buyer.

I have zero reviews because I haven't sell anything on my list.



My sister was so excited for her sandals that she transferred her money immediately the next day. After waiting for 3 days without response from the seller, she checked on her account and to her horror, the account was suspended.

Many has reported the account due to fraud and Carousell suspended it. We read through the current comment thread on the account and found out others were being cheated by the seller too. She was devastated. Her dream sandals and money were gone. For her, it's Carouhell. 

I was feeling sorry for her and forgot to remind her to check on the review section. As for me, I have wonderful experience shopping at Carousell. The sellers are honest in stating the fault in their items if there is any and very prompt in replying my message. The interest buyers that inquired about my items are polite too. 

I got the floral kimono from Carousell for less than RM20.

Do check out my list here if you're intrested. For anyone that try Carousell before, do share your experience with me, I love to hear about it. If you have anything that you want to let go, sign up for it, you know what they say, one man thrash is another man treasure.




No comments:

Post a Comment