Friday, January 4, 2013

Being domestic

I never see myself as a domestic person. I mean, I clean my own room and make my own meals if I have to, but that's the extent of my domestic side. I can't cook without instant pack and I don't do house chores. But when the parents were out of town for new year, I was forced to show my domestic side.

Having a full off day one the new year itself, I woke up as usual around noon. Maybe it's the new year thing, I had a sudden urge to clean the house and cook lunch for myself. Armed with instant green curry paste that I bought from Bangkok, I tried to reliving the foodgasm that I've experienced in Bangkok. As expected, failed. My curry turned out to be too salty and way to spicy. Obviously, adding chili and capsicum was not a great idea to a readily made curry paste.

And then I swept and mopped the floor, did the laundry, checked the dishes to make sure they were all cleaned, wiped the counter top. Watched Gilmore Girls for 2 episodes before I decided to change my bed sheet. Having done all that, I sat in living room and decided to give my dog a bath. Before I knew it, it was almost 6 pm. Time for dinner. I had some leftover fish fillet and decided to make fish and chips. This one however was a great success. Who would knew adding beer to my batter would make my fish so good. Thanks Youtube!

Somehow I felt calm and collected after doing all the chores. It came across me that doing house chores is one of my new way to de-stress. I love the outcome, the feeling of walking on a clean marbled floor, seeing everything is where it should be, nice and neat. Maybe it's because I was having the house all to myself, or maybe it's just me. The new me, the obsessive compulsive me.

Happy new year 2013, everyone. Let's see how long we can keep our new year resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment